Skiing in Gastein
What are the basic rules for the winter season?
From Monday 08.11.2021, according to the AT federal government, 2G (vaccinated or recovered) applies in the hotel industry, gastronomy and also in skiing.
Which measures are planned for the ski lifts at all levels?
- The mandatory wearing of an FFP2 mask.
- Introduction of the 2G rule (vaccinated, recovered) from the 08.11.2021 â€“ For validity, see "Lift pass purchase information" below
If entry passes are introduced, these must be checked when lift passes are sold.
- A practicable implementation for operators and visitors is being worked on (e.g. linking online lift pass sales for automated control).
- Visitors must always carry the valid entry pass with them and show it during random checks.
- The obligation to wear an FFP2 mask still exists
- If the epidemiological measures are not complied with by visitors, the lift companies are then not obliged to let them use the lift facilities.
- Children up to the age of 12 do not have to provide a 2G certificate
Which measures are planned for AprĂ¨s ski at which level in the winter season?
- In general, the same rules apply to aprĂ¨s ski as to night catering.
What proof do I have to provide when buying a lift pass?
- Lift passes can be bought easily and at any time in the Ski amadĂ© online ticket shop or at the ticket offices on site.
- From November 15, 2021, all guests must always have valid proof of the current level with them when entering the ski area. The control or linking of ticket and proof is done either online (portal currently still being worked out) or on site at the lift ticket offices or lift access points.
- Children up to the age of 12 currently do not have to provide a 2G certificate.
What happens if I do not link valid proof to the lift pass?
If the ticket is not linked to any current proof, access at the turnstile (reader) is not possible.
Will the cable cars and lifts be aired during the ride and disinfected?
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible â€“ Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.).
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,â€¦) will be regularly disinfected.
How many people will be allowed to travel in a cable car or on a chairlift at any one time?
All cable cars and lifts can be filled to a capacity of 100%.
How will guests be informed about the Corona safety regulations on-site?
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
Huts & Gastronomy
The huts and gastronomy are open! The following regulations apply:
Which general measures apply in gastronomy?
- Mask requirement in the restaurants and huts
- 2G proof must be provided in the restaurants and huts depending on the currently valid level.
- The following currently applies:
Vaccinated (see above)
Recovery (recovery notification 6 months)
No test obligation for take away or suppliers
Registration is mandatory for stays longer than 15 minutes
No restriction on the number of people per guest group
Self-service buffets can be operated subject to hygiene requirements
Every catering establishment has a prevention concept and a COVID-19 officer
- There is no FFP2 mask requirement for employees with customer contact if the 3G regulation is adhered to.
- No opening and closing hours, except for those of the respective restaurant / pub.
Ski holiday in Austria
When the mountains in the Gastein Valley slowly turn white, itâ€™s time for a ski holiday. As a guest at our spa hotel in Bad Hofgastein you have the choice of four different ski resorts, all guaranteed to have snow from the beginning of December to April. Winter fun is a sure thing in the Gastein Valley!
Whether you choose the Bad Hofgastein-Bad Gastein ski resort with the new Schlossalmbahn cable car for one day of your ski holiday, and the Dorfgastein-Grossarltal ski resort, the Graukogel Mountain or the Sportgastein alpine ski area for the next - you will have a great time during your winter holiday at the Hotel Bismarck. Cable cars and chair lifts will take you to an altitude of up to 2,700 m. The Gastein Valley offers 200 km of ski slopes in total - including the longest run in the Eastern Alps at 10.4 km. The ski area around Bad Gastein is part of the Sportwelt amadĂ© mit fĂĽnf Regionen, joining five regions to make a total of 860 km of ski slopes and 270 lifts, covered by just one ski pass!
A worry-free ski holiday in Gastein to look forward to!
From the Hotel Bismarck you can easily reach the ski resorts of Bad Hofgastein and Bad Gastein. The new Schlossalmbahn cable car is only a 10-minute walk away - the free ski bus is an even more comfortable way to get there.
The Angertal Ski Centre can be reached without effort via a 10-minute ride in the free ski bus. Gastein also has a number of professional ski schools, where you can try your first turns or perfect your style.
A ski holiday in Austria should be pure enjoyment! This is why we have arranged the WORRY-FREE SKI HOLIDAY DEAL for you â€“ with a wealth of services that will make your ski holiday in Austria carefree.
Our ski holiday deal includes the following:
- Ski pass available at the reception of the Hotel Bismarck
- 10% discount on ski hire in the Angertal Valley and the Sport Fleiss rental shop by the Schlossalmbahn cable car
- Ski safari every Monday = guided informational tour with a ski instructor
- A ski instructor comes to the Hotel Bismarck restaurant every Saturday and Sunday to give you personal advice
- Free ski bus departs from in front of the Hotel Bismarck every 10 minutes
- Hotel bus to the Angertal Valley (extra fee)
New from December 2018:
- Non-stop to the top: the new 10-person cable car will take you to the summit station in 9 minutes â€“ can be reached easily without having to cross the road
- Multi-functional valley station with escalators and ski lockers
- Ski rentals and restaurants
- Easy access via the ski bus: bus station right in-front of the valley station and the ski cellar at the Hotel Bismarck
- A choice of three ski slopes from the mountain station, ranging from easy to hard
- Guaranteed snowfall
- The Schlossalm cable car features the longest ski run in the Eastern Alps, at 10.4 km and 1,440 vertical metres
The grand opening of the cable car will be marked from 18-20 January 2019 with the one-of-a-kind SOUND & SNOW FESTIVAL. A huge stage with international stars provide entertainment for guests of all ages â€“ from Schlager star Andrea Berg to hip-hop group Die Fantastischen Vier and the worldâ€™s best DJ Martin Gerrix.
And one more thing: The cross-country ski school and the cross-country trail (with artificial snow if necessary), which is well lit in the evenings, are situated right next to the Hotel Bismarck. Our guests receive a 10% discount on cross-country rentals.
Ski holiday makers will love being pampered at our spa hotel
What to do after an eventful day spent in the ski area around Bad Hofgastein and Bad Gastein? Look forward to a friendly smile and personal care from our dedicated service staff. Let yourself fall into the comfort of our spa hotel and relax in our extensive wellness & spa area, with four thermal pools for families and those seeking peace and quiet. Last but not least, enjoy our great gourmet cuisine at Gault-Millau level.
We are looking forward to booking your ski holiday in Austria, at the Hotel Bismarck in Bad Hofgastein. If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them. Follow your heart to your ski holiday in Gastein!