Summer in Gastein
Holiday in the spa hotel in Bad Hofgastein
From spring to autumn, the Gastein Valley is a true paradise for young and old.
An unforgettable family holiday in Austria awaits!
This is the perfect family holiday destination for sports-loving as well as pleasure-seeking holiday makers looking to discover the wonderful natural landscape of our region. Spend sunny hours in the idyllic Bad Hofgastein region of Austria, on top of mountains and beside clear blue lakes. Your family holiday in Gastein will be a little bit of heaven.
Things to do for the leisure holiday maker
- A large and varied network of walking paths
- Comfortable cycling on well-kept cycle paths
Bikes can be borrowed at the hotel (free of charge), as well as e-bikes (for a rental fee)
- The Gastein Valley is well-known for its 40 well-managed alpine chalets, some of which can be reached quickly (including partly by car or taxi bus)
- Nordic walking trails right by our Hofgastein hotel
- Carriage rides through the Prossau Valley nature reserve
- Lots of events in town
- Free concerts by the Salzburg Philharmonic in the Alpen Arena (in good weather, otherwise in the Kursaal Hall) - both locations are within a five-minute walk from the hotel
- Reach lofty heights via the Gastein cable cars (in Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein and Dorfgastein up four different mountains)
- Europeâ€™s highest suspension bridge and viewing platform â€śGlocknerblickâ€ť - at the Stubnerkogel Mountain/Bad Gastein
Things to do for the active holiday maker:
- Mountain biking along the most beautiful trails, with different levels of difficulty
- Golfing at the 18-hole golf course in Bad Gastein (25% green fee discount)
- Tennis courts are only a five-minute walk away from the Hotel Bismarck
- Archery (one-of-a-kind hunting course)
- Horseback riding (riding stable and Icelandic horse stable for kids)
- Paragliding (tandem flights possible)
Start looking forward to your summer holiday in the Gastein Valley - follow your heart to the Hotel Bismarck in Bad Hofgastein!