From spring through until autumn, the Gastein Valley is a true paradise for young and old. An unforgettable holiday in Austria awaits!
Both sporty, active holiday-makers and “summer visitors”, who want to take in the natural wonders of our region in a more leisurely manner, will get their money’s worth in Gastein. Hours of sun in idyllic nature, on the tops of mountains and in crystal clear mountain lakes – holidays in Gastein offer a taste of blue skies.
Activities for Recreational Holiday-Makers:
- An extensive and varied network of walking trails
- Comfortable cycling on well-maintained bicycle
(bicycles available for rental at the hotel)
- The 40 serviced and cosy alpine chalets for which the Gastein Valley is famous, some of which are accessible in a very short time (some by car/taxi bus)
- A visit to the casino in Bad Gastein
- Nordic Walking trails directly from the hotel
- Horse-drawn carriage rides through the nature reserve at the end of the valley
- Numerous events in Bad Hofgastein (such as daily concerts by the spa orchestra)
- Achieving lofty heights via the numerous Gastein mountain cable cars (starting in Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein and Dorfgastein; taking visitors up to 5 different peaks)
- Europe's highest suspension bridge and the "Glocknerview" observation platform – atop the Stubnerkogel/Bad Gastein
Possibilities for Active Individuals:
- Mountain biking on the best routes with varying levels of difficulty
- Golf at the 18-hole Bad Gastein golf course (25% discount on green fees)
- Tennis courts just a 5 minute walk away (at our sister hotel)
- Archery (unique bow hunting course)
- Horseback riding (stables & Icelandic horse stables for children)
- Paragliding (tandem flights are also available)
- Head downhill on a "Monster Scooter" from the peak to the Schlossalm middle station
- And much more!